Monday 14 November 2011

beat

It's like forgetting the words to your favourite song
You can't believe it, you were always singing along
You spend half of your life trying to fall behind
You're using your headphones to drown your mind

~ Eet - Regina Spektor ~

"Dance, dance, dance along. Even when you've forgot the beat."
I can't feel the beat. I can't figure anything out. I'm scared of tomorrow. I'm scared of today.
I can't see what comes next and it scares me so much I can't think. I don't have any escape. I'm trapped.

It's hard to see them move on, and find yourself in the same spot. It's hard looking at the one you thought you were going to start a new life with, and just know that it wont work. 

I don't feel like going anywhere today. I'm sick and I'm tired and I nearly can't speak. But I have to go. I have to have something to do today or I will break down. I need something in my life, and right now I guess work fills out the emptiness. For now..

No comments:

Post a Comment